Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Celebrate with me in Yellow

Reading: Still Cove Journal
by Gladys Taber, intro by Constance Taber Colby
Her last book



Happy Tuesday dear Readers!
Put on your yellowest outfit; turn UP the stereo and get down and boogie with me as we celebrate... The Painting is Done!!! (for now) The walls are all adorned with 2 coats of Egg Custard (the paint, not the food) and the switchplates are back on the wall and the furniture & appliances are back in place. The only thing waiting to be done is the cold-air intake vent cover and Farmer-dear has to do that, after I wash it.

No, the doors aren't painted. Thanks for asking....Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

As you saw in my last post, we're harvesting now & drilling winter wheat. There is no time for extra projects or projects that take longer than 15 mins. to finish at a time. I never know when I'll get the "come to the field!!" phone call.
The plan right now is to see if our favorite furniture refinisher will paint them. I can do the trim, little by little this winter. I've lived with those doors for this long, a few more weeks or months, won't kill me.

Anyway, would you like to see the kitchen now? Too bad, because I'm going to show you. And I'll tell you right now, I did NOT clean up anything before snapping photos. Again, I'm living by the seat of my pants these days so I took the photos when I had time to do it. As Pioneer Woman says, "Just keepin' it real."

On to the photos:

The South Wall (the one with all the doors) (told you I didn't clean).


The East Wall (ack! all those dirty dishes, but can you see the take-home pizza box? I didn't have to cook last night!Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net ) Sorry about the lighting here, I'm still learning my new camera.


The Northeast corner... See! It's all done now up abover the sink!! And you are definitely getting a view of how my kitchen usually looks with the mess on the Hoosier cabinet.


The West wall and there should be a framed picture above the media center (can you call an antique-looking radio, "a media center", if it plays LPs, tapes, CDs and is a radio too?)
Again, keepin it real with the paperwork mess on Farmer-dear's table. I'm NOT showing you my computer desk. I think there is a top to it somewhere under all the clobber.rolleye smileys
I know... it'll get done....


And here we have my experimentation with the settings on my camera.


If you go to PW's site, you'll see she has a whole blog on photography. I'm just starting to work "outside the box" of the "Automatic" setting on my Fuji. These 2 photos were working with aperture.
On "auto," the daylight coming in from the porch didn't let the flash cue and this scene was DARK with blinding light on the porch.
Don't ask me what I did for sure, I don't remember, but I either open it all the way or lengthen the shutter speed or something like that. Over the next few weeks while I'm in the field, I plan to read the manual and experiment more.

And now my coffee is cold and I need some breakfast. Working at the magazine today so I need to get moving.

Have a Terrific Tuesday!! Enjoy the last day of September; eat an apple; look for leaves changing colors; make a scarecrow; plan a pumpkin patch visit... Autumn is too short of a month to let it go by without simple daily celebrations.

Hugs!
Kay~
––"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." ~George Eliot

2 comments:

  1. Yellow is your color, dahleenk! Very purty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sweetie. I realized over the weekend that I have 4 yellow rooms in this house... Kitchen, pantry, laundry and the family room (a little more goldish than yellow). Guess it's my favorite color? lol

    ReplyDelete