Friday, March 6, 2009

Prayer requests and quiltiness

Sunrise over the Prairie Pond

TGIF dear Readers!

What to post about..... so much going on, that I don't know where to start and I don't want this to be so long you lose interest. (you probably have done that already)



First and foremost: Please, PLEASE pray, think good thoughts, send up vibes, whatever you do (I prefer prayer myself) for the Martin Bash family. Marty is the dh of my dear friend Lisa. (who is the sister God forgot to give me in real life) Marty was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer 2.5 years ago and the family recently called in Hospice. We're not giving up hope. But as always God is in control, to His glory. Please pray with me that His will be done. That Marty would be healed. That Lisa & the children would feel His peace and comfort and be given strength at this time.


Second prayer request-- not as serious but closer to my heart. Please prayer for my Farmer as he is still not well. Another doctor appointment (#4) and more "guessing" and wasting our time. Why do doctors give you scary possibilities if they really don't think that's the trouble???!!! (Blood clot?? Cancer???? Turbuculosus?? really?! no? Then why mention it!!! **heavy sigh** I'm not a big fan of doctors.)
Anyway, after 3 different antibiotics and a round of steriods, the MusinexD seems to actually be working and now I'm kicking myself for not trying that first when Miss Melanie (our Pastor's wife - a nurse practioner) suggested it. Sorry Melanie, I'll listen to you next time. :o)
But please pray for him that he can get 100% well asap. It's been way too long.


Thank you for standing in the gap with me. :o}


_____________________________________

And now.....

Would you like to see my latest vintage finds (think lots of RED)...

or the evidence that Spring is starting here on the prairie...

or my messings in the kitchen Tuesday...

or some Quilt Studio fun?




I think I'll show you my latest quiltiness today to keep this post short.

If you come in the patio door off the basement walk-out; you'll see this to your left.

I recently fired up my Singer 99K. I've had it for 2 years and decided it was time to try her out. I love her stitches and an added plus, my Kenmore feet fit her! (The Kenmore is the white machine to the left of the chair.) I'm not a very accurate 1/4" seam stitcher without that foot.

Here is a closer view of my sewing area. Rather messy but I like having everything close to me when I need it. The magazine has my BFF's quilt pattern in it.



Closer view of my 99K. Isn't she pretty. :o) She stitches so nicely. Straight and firm and solid sewing. I'm still tweaking the tension but it's so much better than my Kenmore was getting to be. I am having some bobbin-side problems. Not sure what that's all about, but I'll figure it out.


And here is the first block of the 25th anniversary quilt, "Brenda's Roses".



And another quiltie note: Want to see what I found on Sunday at the Flea Market/Antique Show?

Any guesses?






Isn't it pretty and Spring-y? Tulips in pink & green. Any guesses on how much I got it for?

Give up? $5! That's right, F-i-v-e D-o-l-l-a-r-s.

This might be part of the reason why it was that cheap....



It has a few "issues." 3 of the 12 blocks look like this, but they are all at the "top". I think I can remove the damaged blocks, and use the remaining good block in that row for a pillow and requilt and bind it again.

I guess the last afternoon of a show is the time to go to get bargains. You'll see when I post about the rest of my finds. Soon...

I'm off to clean my poor house, bake some bread and then off to the sewing room.

Hugs and thanks again for praying,
Kay~

** "Take comfort, and recollect however little you and I may know,
God
knows;
He knows Himself and you and me and all things;
and His mercy is
over all His works."
~Charles Kingsley~

4 comments:

  1. I shall be "standing in the gap"! What a great deal............I'll give you $10? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep your friend's husband (and yours!) in my prayers, sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your hubby gets better soon. I love the sewing machine. The quilt was a steal and is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that 99k, what a lovely machine. thank you so much for stopping by my blog and Iam so excited to get those books, if it is really not toomuch trouble. I hope your husband gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete