Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday, Monday.... & zucchini cake

Zucchine
Zucchine



Happy Monday! I'm rejoicing in the day, even if it is suppose to get up to 97-stinkin' degrees this afternoon! **s-i-g-h~~~** I guess I can't complain. We did have an awesome July, cool and comfortable and wonderful. I got a little spoiled by those cool days and nights.

It's August. My month of "me time" is over. **another sigh** Back to doing all those projects on the list.

At the top of the list is something totally wonderful and awesome and all those teenage adjectives..... My dear, loved, "twin-of-another-mother" Girl Friend, LISA is coming to visit in 3 days!!!! She'll fly into Lincoln on Friday noonish. I'm bouncing with anticipation and eagerness. 5 days won't be near long enough but I didn't want to keep her too long from her dfamily.
Be watching for photos and reports on our time together.

In preparation for Leesie's visit, I have some decluttering and cleaning to do this week. And of course since the weather has decided to heat up to normal standards, I need to rethink the sleeping arrangements. She'll keep the guest room but we'll be on the fouton. I need to move it and add more padding to that sad little mattress. But no complaints, at least we'll be able to sleep in the cool.

And on a more irritating note-- I found mouse droppings in the pantry! OM Stinkin' Gosh!!! You all know how much I HATE, Fear, Despise those vermin!! My dear Blue-eyed Farmer set traps in the usual hole (lazy susan) and one in the pantry. I didn't find any chewed up food stuffs and I can't for the life of me, figure out why it would be on the lid of a newly canned jelly jar, 2 feet off the ground. But I'm not taking any chances of being surprised later.
I so need a cat in the house.. ... ** more sighs **

I will be working later today and so need to get at my to-do list. But I did want to share my favorite zucchini cake recipe (HERE) . It is that time of year. **wink** I love getting zucs from my neighbor. It is a very good thing.

Enjoy the yumminess and stay cool today. Zucchini cake goes with anything cold to drink.

Hugs!
Kay~

** "Whilst August yet wears her golden crown,
Ripening fields lush- bright with promise;
Summer waxes long, then wanes, quietly passing
Her fading green glory on to riotous Autumn."
~ Michelle L. Thieme, August's Crown




No comments:

Post a Comment