Friday, March 12, 2010

Savings & shopping

Yes, the video is still coming.... patience Grasshopper... lol

Did a quick coupon shopping trip to Wal-greens this evening. There were good coupons in last Sunday's paper and accordingly, good sales in some stores.

I got the girlies their Easter baskets/purses: 2/$5

Estroven Energy: BOGOFree $21.99 for the two

L'Oreal Mascara: $6.79 on sale

TUF Garbage Bags, 2 sizes: $3.99 each on sale

Venus Razors, 3-pack: $8.99 & coupon

Always pads, 2 sizes: $4.99 each & coupon

Crest toothpaste: $2.67 on sale & coupon

Advil Liquid-gels, 80 ct: $7.49 on sale & coupon

Swiffer Wetjet refill: $5.99 on sale and coupon

I ended up with $5.28 in coupons and $35.61 in WAG advertised savings, equalling $40.86.

Not bad, if I do say so myself. :o) I'm stocked up on these items and shouldn't have to get any until summer now.

I love working sales like this.

As for other news... calving in the cold, wet & slop continues. I'll tell that story later.

I just ordered my Easter outfit and need to check on my shoes to see if I need to find some.



Sunday I may find my Farmer a new shirt and tie to go with his suit.

Easter Pageant preparations continue at our church. I'm helping with costumes and fellowship again and Farmer is helping to park cars and will probably help with fellowship that evening too. And I'm making goat diaper covers again. Better those than "Jesus" loincloth for the crucifixion scene. The goats aren't particular and they only have one scene.

I received the free Quilts for Kids kit today, I ordered from Downy. It is very cute... young prints. I'll use what I have in my stash to make more to donate. No child should be in the hospital without a quilt.

A few days ago the new recycling bin that I ordered, arrived. It took my Farmer and me about an hour to put it together. Of course, it's not solid wood but it'll do. I can't complain for $35 (it was $125 originally).

This is what it looks like,


only I have lined the bins with trash bags and am using it for aluminum cans, tin cans and bottles.

And that's the newest news on the Prairie Farm. We're just hanging out, waiting for Spring!

Hugs,
Kay~

** "If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant;
if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."

~Anne Bradstreet

4 comments:

  1. Awesome savings! Do you like the Estroven Energy? I haven't tried that formula yet. I like your Easter outfit and the recycle bin. I wish I had room for a bin like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your new Easter outfit! I've thought of finding something to use as a recycle bin other than plastic garbage bags but don't know where I'd put it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tell spring to hurry. We are covered in slop here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have been busy around your place too. Hope you can stop by and visit me. Hey I had that quote on my blog awhile back. :)

    ReplyDelete