Sunday, July 11, 2010

Garden Photos & a special note for my Mom


I'm behind in posting, but the kids were here and now I'm drowning in undone chores. Plus I have an ear that is plugged and hurts. And I want to sew. So these few photos of my garden will have to sustain you until I return.

And one more important item of note:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!
I hope it's as special as you are!
(hugs from your favorite daughter-- lol)

and now on to the photos...


The front of the Farm House, in early June. And if you look to where the blue 1/2-barrels are, there is a blue pool there now... 1/3 empty from last night's storms. **mad face**



But on a happier note... aren't my new hydrangeas, hosta and yellow day lily, lovely together.



I can never decide if I like hot pink, red or salmon-colored flowers the best.



And sometimes it's all about texture with color.




See... texture and color.... makes me swoon....



More texture & color.... or are they tiny fireworks?


All those little branches and puffs of flowers.... **happy sigh**



And then sometimes, it's all about the eating.... does it get any fresher than this???



This is the stuff my dreams are made of.... Parsley, rosemary (out of shot) and thyme... and BASIL!

How does Your garden grow, Puffins?

Until next time (please, pray for my ear)
K~

** "Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul." ~Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. wonderful photos
    Green
    pretty
    yummy
    heavenly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh...love this...beautiful!

    My garden grows better this year than last year...progress not perfection, right? :)

    ReplyDelete