Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New motto and a new drool-worthy vintage blog

I found a new motto....

"...I learned that no matter how bad a day I was having at the office, I was not working on the evisceration line at a poultry plant..."


Run, don't doddle, over to Oodles and Oodles and join me in drooling over her lovelies...

Vintage Pyrex.... √;

Jadite bowls..... √;

Green McCoy flower pots.... √;

White wicker and painted vintage AND home-sewn pillows on her front porch.... √;

30's fabrics on the back of a vintage doll quilt... √;

a Hoosier cabinet!! (she has a Hoosier too!) .... √;

Aprons, Vintage Cmas ornaments and Red/White kitchenware ... √.

I'm not done looking myself, but after reading that line about the eviscerating turkeys, I knew I had to pop on over and tell you all about her blog.
(It was either that and take a breather or hyperventilate and faint over the Czech/Slovak/American Lutheran Church Cookbook! I'm feeling faint again just thinking about it... )

Between finding new blogs on vintage finds and watching the latest episode of American Pickers, I'm having thrift/vintage withdrawals. My BFF (& partner-in-crime) is AWOL after Saturday, so I'm going to have to round up another innocent victim.... I mean, unsuspecting pawn... no, no... I mean, a fellow thrill-seeker, that's it and head out for some thrifty/dusty/crusty fun.

Why are you still here.... go read "Oodles and Oodles"... Go! Go! ....

Hugs!
K~

** "When you buy a piece of vintage clothing you're not just buying the fabric and thread - you're buying a piece of someone's past."
Isabel Wolff (A Vintage Affair)

4 comments:

  1. Kay, you are too kind! Thank you for your nice words, and I'm off to read more, too! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...cute! I will check out the new blog...Hope things are going well for you. Oh, and stop over for a visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lees...not sure for you. I use Firefox for my browser and in the space where the page addresses are shown, I have clickable "icons." One for bookmarking, one for following/subscribing and one to "star" (its a google thing).

    wish I could help more. Maybe if you comment on one of her posts and ask her for help, she can direct you better.
    Hugs!
    K

    ReplyDelete