Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas is in the Air




Christmas Smells that is....

I baked this afternoon, after we spent the morning running errands.  I had hoped it would be a quiet "at home" day but Farmer needed a haircut and I had hoped for some yummy coffee shop coffee.  I waited in line for over 5 mins and with only one "barista" working the counter, I decided my made-at-home coffee was good enough to finish.   (I'm not that snooty, but was wondering if Farmer was done with his haircut and didn't want him to have to wait on me.)

We ended up at the dreaded Wal-mart to exchange the jeans we got for him on Black Friday Eve.  They were too baggy... I had grabbed the wrong style in my haste.

Some new gold fishies for the calf tank...  They keep the slime away.

And then finally home to start baking!

Today's tally was:

1.  Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

2.  Cherry Mash Candy

3.  Lemon Bars

4. Pecan Tassies

5.  Spiced Glazed Nuts

There are still a few more goodies to make, like Amish Sugar Cookies, Chex Mix, Fudge and Peanut Butter Balls.  But those will have to wait until next week.  This is a nice assortment for guests.

I need to finish up wrapping the last few gifts tomorrow and hopefully can get my cards done this week around the baking.  And most importantly, spend some time with my Farmer, just enjoying the Reason for the Season.

I hope you are enjoying Him also.

Hugs
K~

1 comment:

  1. My you're ambitious.......I have a carrot cake and so far that's it. We're not having Christmas dinner here thought this year. I avoid Wally World until at least February now.

    ReplyDelete