Sunday, January 16, 2011

Randomness Becomes Me in January

My companion these cold winter days.


Hi There Puffins!

I’ve been scolded by several people for letting my blog sit stagnant these past few weeks.  I’ve had a bit of writer’s block. There has been either too many posts flitting about my brain and they all wanted out at once which would have resulted in pure chaos or nothing of any interest to write.

In any case, that is no excuse for just running off and leaving you all here bored to death.  ;o)
I'm sorry. 

So without any further adieu, here are a few things that have been on my mind lately (in a very random order):

1.  Reading the Bible through, chronologically.  I found a website that gives you different translation options and the formates/schedules.  I’ve always wanted to read the Bible chronologically, as we read most books that way.  Over the past several years we have gone through much of the OT in Sunday School and I like to know how the history fits together.  It makes more sense to me that way.

The website is:  www.biblestudytools.com .  Look for the Bible reading plans.  You can start at on any date, read the day’s selection from the site and have it marked “read.”  I’m in Job right now.  His “friends” sure weren’t very friend-like, were they?


2.  It’s cold here.  And we have 6-10” of snow on the ground. And ice in places.  And I fell on the ice again last Sunday at church so my ego was newly bruised and my wrist/hand is STILL not 100% healed.  Prairie Farm workman’s comp is a joke.  But the other benefits are great!  (warm showers and time to sew!)




BFF's "Roses" quilt top, before quilting

3.  Speaking of sewing.... !!  Did you hear the joyous celebration?  BFF’s quilt is pieced and quilted and as soon as I get my behind out of this desk chair, I’m going to continue hand-stitching the binding down.  AND... She likes it... She really likes it!!  (I knew she would... even though she had reservations about the initial fabric choices.)



I love these bright girlie fabrics!!

Dgd3 (who is still incubating inside momma) will have a birth quilt.  I started cutting out pinks and purples and bright blues and yellows yesterday.  It will be my first foray into fusible machine applique.  Oh my~~  Hearts and flowers and lots of bright colors.  And then the need to buy more as my stash of bright girlie fabrics is woefully sparse!  Cosmic Cow.. here I come!!

4.  More sewing... I received a gift card to Joann’s Fabrics because ds2 knows me so very well.  Along with a 40% off coupon rewarded me with 3 pieces of pink flannel (receiving blankets or quilts or ??) and a rotating cutting board.  I dislike having to constantly turn blocks I’m trimming or have to walk around my cutting table.  It’s not always handy. 
I’m also impatiently waiting for Cosmic Cow 2 to open in our hometown. Work continues on the inside.  Would it be too rude to put a note on the door that says “HURRY UP!  I need more Fabric!!”  I suppose it would.  lol
And thread!  Who knew I was low on dark colored thread!  Doggone it! Guess I need to do some online shopping at Signature Threads dot com.  Or Connecting Threads.  I like “good thread” as opposed to el-cheapo stuff from Wal-mart.  The lint is unbelievable from the cheap stuff and my Kenmore chokes and spits out thread wads then.  Not fun!

Told you my mind was a wild and wooly place these days.  This is just scratching the surface. 

Stay tuned as I churn out more in the days to come.

Hugs!
K~

PS  I LOVE my new windows.  Makes me sick to think of all the money we lost from our old drafty ones letting in the cold and letting out the warmth. 

3 comments:

  1. Wild and woolly eh? The quilt top is lovely! Hope you are mending after the falls. Just ordered a nutrimill grain mill for my b/d .. I think you recommended it. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild and woolly eh? The quilt top is lovely! Hope you are mending after the falls. Just ordered a nutrimill grain mill for my b/d .. I think you recommended it. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure is good to hear what you've been up to. I love the quilt top AND the new header pic.....looks like it does here most days.

    ReplyDelete