Sunday, March 4, 2007

Sunday Dinner on the Farm & White Bread Recipe

If you were to come to a Sunday Dinner or a Holiday Dinner at my home, this might be your place setting.

I inherited the china and crystal from my mother-in-law. The china pattern is "Wedding Ring." I'm not sure of the crystal pattern. I love the etching on the goblets. There are also champagne glasses.

I also have some cheap imitation porcelain in a similar pattern. For the little ones to use.

The bread was freshly baked "today." It's my basic white bread that I got from my dear friend Lisa from Georgia (formerly a Nebraska herb & day lily woman, the voice of the "Hello My Baby" flowers and mom to 3 beautiful children and wife to Cosmic-Ray). Rick loves it and grumbles when I try to help us eat healthier and make whole wheat bread.


Lisa's White Bread (for the Bread Machine)

1 1/8 c warmish water
2 Tb/ butter
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tb. sugar
3 1/4 c. bread flour (I just use regular unbleached flour)
1 1/2 Tb. dry milk
1 1/2 tsp. SAF yeast

Load into pan according to manufacturer's directions. I usually just use the dough cycle on my Zohurushi, let it rise once, form and let rise again in the pan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until it is golden brown and the internal temperature is over 185°. Remove from pan and brush with a little butter. Let cool on a rack.

I also have some dishes from my paternal grandmother. My aunts gave the granddaughters each some pieces. I have 2 of these plates. The pattern is "White Rose" and has the name "carv-kraft", 3 diamonds and "BY MARKER" on the back. I don't know much about china or pottery so not sure what this means. I'd like to find a whole set so we can use them daily.

I hope you enjoyed our time setting the table.

Hugs
Kay

** Beauty, truth, friendship, love, creation – these are the great
values of life. We can’t prove them, or explain them, yet they are
the most stable things in our lives. 
-- Jesse Herman Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment