Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Mail Fun and a Full Freezer

I got a big package in the mail yesterday!
 FUN STUFF!! 2 computer games (shhhh! It's my guilty pleasure.) and my new flatware (silverware, but's not "silver").
 Now I'll have enough matching for when I have more than 4 guests at one time. And A Gravy Ladle!! I've needed one forever!

Unfortunately the lovely red shoes didn't fit across my instep, so they are going back.
My girlie-self really wants a pair of red shoes. I'd love red high heels, but they are not practical in my life, so red flats will fill the want.

More Kitchen News
We picked up our pork yesterday. We bought 1/2 of a hog from one of Rick's co-workers again. This time we had them make the sausage "spicy" and it now tastes like sausage. Last year's was a bit insipid.
We also got pork roasts, ham and ham steaks, bacon and chops. I feel like a rich woman with new meat in the freezer.
I must defrost the upright freezer in the next few weeks. We postponed our beef butchering until April after we found 30 more pounds of hamburger hiding in the bottom of the chest freezer. I thought we were almost out and so we hurried to make the appointment. We just don't eat it as fast as when we had teen-age boys at home.

My goal for the Spring is to cook at home as much as possible. There is no reason to eat out as much as we did in the past several months. I'm a good cook and heaven knows we have enough food in this house!

Last night we had waffles and the new sausage. No fruit or veggies. Sad I know, but it was 7 p.m. before we started supper and I forgot.
Tonight we are having homemade pizza and salad since I'm home from work today.

And now I'm off to do more laundry. I don't want to, but I better get at that freezer. I'd much rather play my new game or quilt all day. But work comes first. And I have American Idol and my hand-work to look forward to tonight.

I'm also going to try and take some photos of the new calves and the farm. I really enjoy seeing other bloggers' photos and realized mine is kinda dull.

Hugs
Kay

** March arrives to martial music; it's a warrior month; the winds are
trumpets, the bright banners of the sky are unfurled, and the
pennants of the clouds flutter. Now and again drums roll in an
unseasonable thunderstorm, or the snow comes galloping in like white
horses.
  ~~Faith Baldwin, Evening Star

No comments:

Post a Comment