Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cuteness Abounds

You'll have to take my word for it right now. No card reader here at the kids so I have no way to upload all the cute photos I've taken. And until technology figures out a way to download memories, all the smiles and giggles and fun we're having will remain firmly planted in my heart.

"Mommy" & "Daddy" should get home tomorrow noonish. Grammie goes home the next day. It is bittersweet. I have missed my Farmer-dear more than I ever believed possible. To the point of not being able to call him because the tears were lodged in my throat. So I texted him. That lasted 2 days. It got better once the kids were at camp and Grammie was in charge.

Now I'm all teary thinking about leaving my girlies behind.

And who knew the sight of my first-born ds's old Cowboys coat (from middle schools days) would bring me to tears. I miss those days and being the only woman in my boys' hearts. (ok, I shared a small portion with various relatives and friends.) They might grow up and become parents themselves, but they are still your babies.

And as I said, I'm hating leaving my girlies behind. We had absolutely no problems. Now that doesn't mean we didn't have "tudes" and such, but Grammie was up for the challenge. Most were handled with a matter-of-fact answer and blantent disobiedience was handled firmly and calmly. They understood who was in charge.

What was the most fun? The girls would probably say (if they could understand the questioning), sprinkles on cuppy cakes or making Princess crowns or Grammie swinging them "HIGH" on the swings.

Grammie would say, just being here and sharing giggles, stories, conversations, snuggles & kisses.

I'll be back after Saturday with tons of cuteness to share. Consider yourself warned.

Hugs!

Kay~

--"The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child."