Sunday, September 21, 2008

I have an addiction



and it's growing worse, but I have no desire to over-come it right now. It sneaks up on me unannounced.

Here's how I fed it today....


(sorry about the mess in the background...this is where she got "plopped down")

Isn't she cool?! Miss Vintage Singer 503a, born a few years earlier than I was. Very clean and well-cared for. (like me) No manual but I downloaded one. Some cams for special occasions and the needed feet and some extras that aren't really needed but they were included.

Yes, I have a Vintage Singer Sewing Machine addiction. They are just so neat!! Miss 503a became mine after some wheeling & dealing; for the price of $27!

I gotta get that painting done and those apples worked up so I can play with her!!

Here is her "older sister," Miss 99K.



Made in Great Britian and after a short stay with the sewing machine "doctor" is a lovely, free-moving thing. I'm almost scared to use her since her "operation" cost a pretty penny.

Poor Farmer-dear just can't quite understand why I am addicted like this. He counted 5 sewing machines in the sewing room today. Kenmore (my Tried & True), the Necchi cabinet my BFF gave me, the 99K, 404 and now the 503a. He doesn't know about the 66 and forgot about the vintage Bernina upstairs and the Wards in the shed. indifferent smileys

It could be worse, you know.... I could have a strong addiction to Jimmy Cho shoes. smileys

Have a great Monday tomorrow! I'll be working at the magazine and then home to paint, unless it's raining and too humid. Gee, then I'll have to sew. forum smileys

HUGS!
Kay~

–– "
Methinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics,
when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew;
especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts than while so occupied."

~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun, 1859

1 comment:

  1. See, you put your blog here and I just took mine down. I'll follow you and leesee and jerzy. What a group to keep track of.

    ReplyDelete