Thursday, October 16, 2008
1. Sunny afternoons after crisp, frosty mornings.
2. The feel of a new hair cut & the sight of renewed hair color.
3. A friendly "Hello" to & from a stranger passing on the sidewalk.
4. Listening to someone share, when that someone is usually the one having to listen.
5. Window shopping
6. Leisurely puttering around a favorite thrift store instead of stressing that a delivery truck is blocking your car.
7. The mystery of dropping a letter (ok, a bill) into the dark mailbox.
8. New library books!
9. Driving home, singing with the radio.
10. A yellow apron; music on the stereo; apples, flour & cinnamon in the air.
11. The brilliant sunset from atop the hill.
12. The window open just a little for cool fresh air and an extra quilt on the bed.
What were your Simple Pleasures this week?
––"I am still determined to be cheerful and to be happy in whatever situation I may be, for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our disposition and not our circumstances."