Thursday, October 16, 2008

Simple Pleasures


1. Sunny afternoons after crisp, frosty mornings.

2. The feel of a new hair cut & the sight of renewed hair color.

3. A friendly "Hello" to & from a stranger passing on the sidewalk.

4. Listening to someone share, when that someone is usually the one having to listen.

5. Window shopping

6. Leisurely puttering around a favorite thrift store instead of stressing that a delivery truck is blocking your car.

7. The mystery of dropping a letter (ok, a bill) into the dark mailbox.

8. New library books!

9. Driving home, singing with the radio.

10. A yellow apron; music on the stereo; apples, flour & cinnamon in the air.

11. The brilliant sunset from atop the hill.

12. The window open just a little for cool fresh air and an extra quilt on the bed.

What were your Simple Pleasures this week?

Hugs!
Kay~
––"I am still determined to be cheerful and to be happy in whatever situation I may be, for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our disposition and not our circumstances."
~~Martha Washington~~

3 comments:

  1. sometimes I think you live inside my head :-) whenever I am down or depressed your blog has just the right quote or picture or post to lift me right up.
    Thank you,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Would you mind if I blog about my simple pleasures? Oh wait. Did I already do that? I don't remember. Oh well, the more simple pleasures, the better!

    Thanks for a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your booklist. I've got most of them either read or on my to read list.
    I think I shall be blogging of my simple pleasures as well.

    ReplyDelete