Wednesday, November 26, 2008




First let me say a huge CONGRATULATIONS to my dear friend Lisa & dh Marty on the birth of her first granddaughter!! I'm so looking forward to lots of grandbaby news.





So, my dear Readers, is the turkey thawing in the fridge? Are the cranberries cooked and jelling? Are the pie crusts waiting their filling? What?! No?! Well, I hope the turkey is thawing at least. Mine is. And the rolls are baked & waiting in the freezer. And the pies are cooling on the table. Canned cranberry sauce is easy to finish.
The rest of the meal will go together easily.


The menu:
  • Roasted organic Turkey
  • Homegrown Mashed Russet Potatoes and gravy
  • Oven-roasted sweet potatoes
  • Stuffing
  • Grandma's Scalloped Corn
  • California-blend Vegetables
  • Whole berry cranberry sauce
  • Relish tray
  • Homemade rolls & butter
  • Homemade pumpkin pie & whipped topping


It'll just be the 3 of us as usual, but that's ok. We'll do our phone calls in the afternoon.






Afterwards, I'll be shopping online to get what pre-Black Friday specials I can. There are a few door-busters we want, so pray for us as we're out waiting in line and battling the crowds. If we're successful, I plan to be home and napping by 10:30 a.m.

If you are interested in seeing the ads Now, go HERE . And no, I won't be waiting in line at Best Buy! Sears and Kohls are on our list. I need to check my list against what I have already purchased and what I need to get for small gifts.

I had a busy day today, working at the magazine; getting my Dad's belated birthday gift and mailing it off; battling the hords at the dreaded Wal-mart. (one good thing there, I got to ask a CSM about their Black Friday policy and she could tell me in a general way where my wanted items would be located.)
Home to find I forgot to take the throw rugs and Farmer-dear's coveralls to the laundry mat. ARG!
Then unloaded the bags; got a quick snack to ward off the LBSCPS (Low blood sugar crabby pants syndrom); a 2o min. rest in the chair & started a new book that is disappointing already. (sigh); then I made 2 pumpkin pies and hunted for the Scalloped Corn recipe. Why are my recipes disappearing??
Ds2 has been here to unload his paraphanalia for the weekend and is now gone again. Farmer-dear is a sleep in the chair and I'm heading off to the shower now too.

Wishing all my blogging friends a Happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs!
Kay~
––"Forever on Thanksgiving Day
The heart will find the pathway home."
Wilbur D. Nesbit





This is one of my all-time favorite Norman Rockwell paintings.
Can't you just see the love in Mother's eyes? *sniff...tears*

2 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy Thanksgiving, Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a sweet Rockwell painting...glad my kids are still at home! sniff sniff I have my apron on and am happily cooking away....family coming for dinner. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete