Friday, November 21, 2008

Little things that make me shake my head


Trying to be positive here but there are some things in my life that make me shake my head in frustration and make me take a step back, say a prayer and remember that it's not THAT important in the whole scheme of life.

1. We have a mouse again. Or rather had only one I HOPE!!! Go HERE to read about last years hysterics. I really, really, HATE mice. I can handle snakes, bugs, spiders, but not rodents.

2. The gift I ordered for my dad's bday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!) was not ordered by the store. I stopped for it yesterday and ended up changing my order but getting a 20% discount since it was their mistake. I was frustrated but realized we are all human and heaven knows I make mistakes at work too.

3. Other misc. irritations that I won't write out because I don't want to have to eat my words later. Just "stuff" that makes me pull a face and sigh. Again, it's not that big a deal, right?

4. This getting older and all it's "symptoms." I am not amused with the grey hairs, pains, peri-meno fogginess/flashing/weight stubbornness/body changes. Really not amused.

5. Some modern Christmas songs that just drive me crazy & they are played ALL THE TIME! What happened to Bing, Perry, Dean, choirs, traditional carols?

Ok, that's enough! I sound like a bitter, crabby old woman. How about some blessings?

1. Warm, comfy house that is big enough for all our stuff (that "stuff" is a blessing too.).

2. Good jobs that we enjoy.

3. Plenty of food in the pantry & freezers.

4. Our family is all healthy, happy and we love one another.

5. Friends-- real life and cyber. They bless me daily.

6. Vehicles that are reliable and comfy too.

7. My household helpers (appliances) that make my day-to-day life easier.

8. Coffee in the morning and fresh water throughout the day.

9. My Farmer-dear, my boys-ddilove-grandgirlies

10. My Father in Heaven and His love, care, mercy, Everyday.

I'm smiling now. Count your blessings, every day.

Hugs
K~

Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your blessings
See what God has done
Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your many blessings
See what God has done

So, amid the conflict
Whether great or small
Do not be discouraged
God is over all
Count your many blessings
Angels will attend
Help and comfort give you
To your journey's end

Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your blessings
See what God has done
Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your many blessings
See what God has done

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kay! I needed the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for adding me to your blog roll I am going to add you if that's okay. Now I am going to have Count Your Blessings in my head all night! Thanks!!! lol Great post!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Are you making kolaches??

    ReplyDelete