Thursday, February 18, 2010

More thrifting


Sorry, no photos. It was a a busy afternoon when I finally got home at 4 p.m. with the Blue-eyed Farmer on my heels. Enough time to put the groceries away before he called from the lot with the news of a preggo cow ready to calf.

Fast-forward past the scenes of said cow cross-eyed in labor pains, ignoring the open barndoor and taking a tour around the house, back to the hay bunk and back to the lot. She and new bairn are snuggled together in a cedar tree thicket, getting to know one another better. When it starts snowing after midnight, she might wish she had taken us up on our offer of that warm barn.

(not to worry, gentle souls... Mama cows are very equipped to keep new calves warm and comfy. A warm tongue bath and plenty of hot body-temp fluids do a body good. They'll be fine.)

Anyway, all that kept me busy until it was past time to make supper (Crusty cheeseburgers made in my cast iron skillet, oven fries, tomato-avocado salad and frosted cinnamon rolls for dessert.)

But just in case you were still wondering what I got for under $30 at my Favorite Thrift Store, here's the list:

2 pairs of slacks for the grand-girlies
1 very cute vest for same girlies

1 red Asian looking blouse-cami set for me

A selection of birthday and note cards

A Bible verse set to music, memorization CD

A large Tupperware cereal keeper ($1!)

A ziplock bag of 5-inch fabric squares, look like all quilt fabric -cotton & current

6-yds of micro-suede like cloth in a mossy green to donate to church for Easter pageant
1-yd of fleece (it was 50¢)
2 other yardages suitable for head-dresses
1-yd of green "silk", very Asian material, that I may keep for something. Purse/bag maybe?

I know, not very exciting without photos. You'll just have to take my word on it. It was a great time. :oD

Of course it could just be that it's been so long since I've had a really exciting time, my standards have lowered....

Off to the showers.... Sleep Sweet Everyone!
K~

** "We either make ourselves happy or miserable. The amount of work is the same."
~Carlos Castaneda~

1 comment:

  1. I could use the cereal keeper and the silk ;) I might have to go thrifting on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete