Monday, August 16, 2010

Comfort is where it's at....

Some days just call for comfort food.  This was one of them.  A long day, filled to the brim from dawn to dusk.  Not to mention, rather warm and humid.

So to placate my grumbly self and feed my Farmer, I got out my wonderful cast iron skillets and made hash browns, sausage patties, scrambled eggs (in the non-stick skillet) and whole-grain toast (we're all about healthy here.  lol)

Tomorrow we'll eat healthy again.  I picked a soup bowl's worth of cherry tomatoes this evening, so I'm envisioning some kind of pasta with fresh tomatoes.  For me of course... Farmer would never eat that.  He'll get something meaty.

What do you do when you've had a day that never seems to end?  What kind of comfort food, calls your name?

Hugs
K~

** "Certain thoughts are prayers.  There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees."  ~Victor Hugo

1 comment:

  1. When I've had a tough day all I want is steak and real mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete