Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wordless Wednesday - Cast Iron


I love my cast iron pieces.  Left to right:  10" skillet that was Farmer's grandmother's.  I found it in the wash-house, cleaned & seasoned it.  14"skillet I got at the local "antique" mall for under $20.  Again, cleaned it and seasoned it.  It is wonderfully non-stick.  Apleskeever pan, new from a outlet store.  Makes fun "Puff" food.  And my coated cast iron dutch oven (Cook's from JCPenneys).  Love that pan for roasts and chili.

Do you have a favorite cooking piece of cast iron?  Or do you hate the special care they take?

Until next time....
Hugs!
K~

** "Talk of joy: there may be things better than beef stew and baked potatoes and home-made bread --- there may be."  ~~ David Grayson

2 comments:

  1. I love my cast iron too which is old, old and old. My dutch oven is what I use the most and it's done everything from stew to cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of those coated cast iron casseroles.... its huge but I can make an enormous stew in it that feeds the family and I can freeze some for later!

    ReplyDelete