Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thrifty Thursday


Another quick post... seems to be the nature of my life lately.

I have been going through all this week's sale ads and have been keeping a close eye on my frugal bloggers.  It's beginning to be "that" time of year.  Holiday gift shopping and holiday baking and food shopping.

Our local stores are running sales on turkeys (77¢ per pound), and sales on spices, flour, sugars, canned fruits and vegetables, special chocolates and the "better" deli meats and cheeses.

I found online coupons for dollars off on some family dvds/blu-ray sets.  You know there will be Black Friday ads for movies and I plan to keep these handy for then.  
If we don't want these particular titles, I'll donate them to the local charity gift drives.  I bought the toys months ago for Stuff the Cruiser drive that will be coming up soon.

Many of my favorite on-line clothing stores are holding 40% off sales right now.  And all the big toy catalogs have come in the mail.

I know alot of you are waiting for Black Friday or December to start your gift buying but let me tell you.... in past years I've found the best deals are Now.  You just have to take the time to look for them, compare prices and watch for extra helps like coupons or free shipping.

I hope I've inspired you to go search for the best prices now.  Let's try for a happy holiday season but spend less than in past years.  I have my budget, do You?


And speaking of shopping.... remember I'm holding a Amazon gift card to celebrate my 4th blogiversary!  (I'd tell you the amount of the gift card but the site I use to get them is funky tonight.  It will be a "significant" amount, I promise!)   Just comment on any post starting with  THIS ONE and ending on 11:59 p.m. Nov. 8th.  Since I moderate commments I get your messages sent to my inbox and I'll randomly select a winner from that list.  If you don't comment, you can't win!  

Hugs,
Kay~

** Oh, for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money ~Author Unknown

4 comments:

  1. So here I am, new to commenting, new to even veiwing blogs, really... with my cat on my lap, I decided to respond and tell you that yes, you have inspired me to continue on my holiday hunt for grocery bargains and gift bargains! I love the Christmas season and the rejoicing of the birth of our Savior, but I dread the worries of gift buying along with it all.With a sharp cut back in our spending this year,I thank you for putting a positive spin on it all. And, by the way, sweet friend, Happy Blogiversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My shopping is DONE (aren't you proud?) on budget even;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started my shopping a few months ago online, and then picked up one more gift just this morning! I'm hoping to get to "the city" (you know which one) this weekend and get yet another. I used to have nightmares that it was midnight Christmas Eve and I'd done no shopping. Now that I shop early, no more bad dreams. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also trying to do some grocery stocking up right now.
    As far as gifts, I am terribly behind. it seems everyone on our list is not needing or wanting much of anything, makes it hard to know what to give them.
    Congrats on your 4th year anniversary.

    ReplyDelete