Saturday, March 19, 2011

It's here! *shhh~~~*

Yes, dear Puffins... I do believe Spring may actually be here.  (shh~  don't say that too loudly or we'll have a snow storm tomorrow!)


While the warm temps have been very welcome, I'm trusting the other evidences more.


Such as:


My Thyme coming back vibrantly on the back porch.

Swiss Chard greening up, having survived the winter.


New baby calves in the lot.


Chives (and garlic, Surprise Lilies, Day Lilies and Peonies)  poking through to meet the sun.

The female robins are here and many other song birds, flitting here and there, nest building.  


I'm just waiting for the Peeper Frogs to start their Spring serenade.  There is an old rhyme about them starting to sing 3 times and then Spring is truly here to stay.  


I also know that until the Barn Swallows come back, we could still have a freeze.  Our earliest last frost date is April 15th.


I've missed the pea planting moon dates for this month, but my garden is just too wet to do any kind of planting yet.  We'll try for April along with the potatoes on Good Friday.


I'm trying to be patient.   Guess I'll have to do something else, like wash windows, clean cupboards, or....  


THIS!  

Happy National Quilting Day!!


Hugs!
Kay~

"Spring Cleaning

March bustles in on windy feet
And sweeps my doorstep and my street.
She washes and cleans with pounding rains,
Scrubbing the earth of winter stains.
She shakes the grime from carpet green
Till naught but fresh new blades are seen.
Then, house in order, all neat as a pin,
She ushers gentle springtime in."  ~~ Susan Reiner

1 comment:

  1. How'd you get that heifer to pose with her baby like that? lol

    Maddie is busy busy busy. Anything with wings is flying about and she's pouncing upon bees, chasing birds etc. I think someone forgot to tell her she's not a bird dog!

    We'll be mowing grass here this week. It popped up about four inches high overnight.

    ReplyDelete