Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Menu March 21-27, 2011



Hey!  I remembered!  I told you I would post my menus and I remembered.   (With my brain these days, I take any victory I can.  ;o) )


Without any further delay or silliness....


Monday - "First Warm day of Spring" Chef Salads made with Romain lettuce and various toppings (hard-cooked eggs, good turkey from the deli, good cheese, tomatoes, avocados, homemade dressing for the Farmer) with grilled Ciabata Rolls;


Tuesday - "First Spring Supper Served at 8:30 p.m. because the Farmer was out in the field"  Pancakes made with egg, oil, half dry milk and half creamer since the milk went bad on me; leftover sausages from Saturday's company meal, fresh strawberries & cream (if wanted.);


Wednesday - "What the *%@$^* happened to Spring?"  Bean, Onion & Cheese Enchiladas, Mexican Rice, Pickles Jalapenos, Tomatoes, Avocados, Lettuce and Tapioca Pudding for dessert;


Thursday - "Really??!!  60% chance of SNOW/Rain mixture?!"  Meatloaf, Baked Potatoes, Frozen Mixed Veggies, Biscuits or Butter Sticks (for him, I plan to use mine for a strawberry shortcake dessert);


Friday - "I'm not Catholic anymore but Fish was made for Fridays"  Pan-fried Nebraska Trout, French Fries or left-over Rice, Cole Slaw or Mennonite Fruit Salad; leftover biscuits or toasted Tuscan Boule, (if there's wine, then no dessert for me) Individual Rhubarb Cobblers;


Saturday - "If I have to spend the day in the pickup doing farm errands there had better be a dinner 'out' at the end of this road!"  Seriously, we plan to go to the town where my sister-in-law lives (the Blue-eyed One's sweet sister), so it's probable we'll take them out for dinner.  At the very least, there will be lunch somewhere on the way and then we'll make do with leftovers for supper;


Sunday - "Sorry, Cook's Day Off"  I rarely have to cook on Sundays, but if I do, I'll make something fast like hamburgers or grilled cheese sandwiches, chips, raw veggies and whatever sweet thing we can find for dessert (cookies, ice cream, pudding, fruit.)






Looking over my menu for the rest of the week, I can see I only need to buy milk, potatoes, cole slaw mix or cabbage.  I like that kind of small shopping list!


Is anyone else doing a Pantry Challenge Week/Month?   I'd love to read your menu.  
And Thanks to Mrs. Mac for the suggestion of making a big Caesar Salad with my bitter romaine with croutons from our extra bread.  I may have to substitute some of the veggies this week for this for me... Farmer-Dear isn't a fan.  Or maybe make myself a Trout Salad on Saturday/Sunday evening.  I had a wonderful one on Sunday at a local bistro, only made with grilled Salmon. 


Happy Pantry Shopping!


Hugs
K~
** "If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you.  But you have no chocolate!  I think of that again and again!  My dear, how will you ever manage?"  ~Marquise de Sévigne

1 comment:

  1. I'm working on a pantry freezer challenge. I'm using my grocery money to buy produce and stock the auxiliary pantry so not saving money but I'm very proud of how much food I've made the past two weeks that were strictly pantry/freezer meals (not from the new stock just the old). And still the freezer and pantry burgeon. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete