Sunday, July 1, 2012

Menu Musings

I'm thinking of my menu for this coming week. It's a holiday week and we have company coming and I have to work all the days except the holiday, so....  (not to mention the need to use up some food in the fridge before I lose it.)

Monday
Breakfast:  Smoothie with frozen bananas, yogurt, strawberries, honey
Lunch:  Farmer-Roast beef sandwiches, yogurt, grapes & chips.  Extra water for the heat.
Me:  Leftover Mac & Cheese, mixed veggies and grapes.  Water!
Supper:  Grilled Salmon, rice, grilled veggies or heated, canned. Ice cream

Tuesday
Breakfast: Homemade "Instant" Oatmeal with craisins & pecans.
Lunch: Salmon soup for me; purchased "better" turkey pot pie for Farmer.
Company supper:  Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, cookies

Wednesday
Happy Independence Day!  We'll eat breakfast in town.  Lunch is on your own.
Supper:  Grilled burgers & hot dogs, baked beans, chips, fruit kabobs w/ yogurt dip or ice cream

Thursday
Breakfast: Pancake cups with fruit
Lunch:  They are on their own, I'll have a purchased pasta thing or soup.
Supper:  Homemade chicken nuggets, oven fries, frozen mixed veggies, 3-2-1 cakes & ice cream

Friday
Breakfast: Eggs and Toast and fruit  or Cereal & fruit
Lunch: Leftovers for them or Pizza Rolls; Salad in a jar for me.
Supper:  Tacos or Nachos with all the fixin's, ice cream

Saturday
Breakfast: If they are still here, Waffles & Bacon, Fruit
Lunch:  Leftovers
Supper:  Kebobs or steaks  on the grill, veggies, grilled bread, brownies.


My goal this week is to not lose ANY food to spoilage this week.  And to get up and walk each day before work & while it's cool.  Oh dear......  Pray for me.  I so despise exercising in the heat/humidity.

Have a wonderful week contemplating our Freedom and the ONE who gave it to us.
Hugs
Kay

** And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to blogging :) It's good to make use of the food .. even leftovers ... in the fridge/freezer without waste. We do a much better job now that we're more conscious about it .. really does save lots of money.

    ReplyDelete