Saturday, June 30, 2012

I like Busy Saturdays.



Welcome to a Busy Saturday on the Farm.  Except it's not as busy right now.  We got up early to beat the heat (close to 100 with high humidity--ugh).  Farmer went out to spray weeds with the intention of going to town to buy sickle sections and guards.  I started in (after my required coffee) with laundry, vacuuming and then to tackle the growing mildew problem in my bathroom.  >_<

A quick Google-search for more natural remedies found me at eHow.com and How to Make Natural Mildew Remover . I substituted Pine oil for the Tree Tea oil. I worried a little that the oil might stain the ceiling or cause streaks down the wall but after I ran the fan and lights and let it all dry, all seems to be fine.  (I did wipe down the drips from the walls with a damp cloth.)  I used my microfibre cloth (from Harbor Freight) for a little more scrubbing action with the baking soda paste and to wipe it all down.  I also used the paste and cloth to clean my shower and sink.  I did NOT miss the chemical smell from my usual cleansers and the extra elbow grease it took did not hurt me.  Hey!  Free workout while I get a clean bathroom.  Works for me!  *wink*

Later I put about 10-12 drops of the Pine oil in my Steam mop.  My house smells clean without using chemicals.  I will be buying some Lemon oil the next time I put in a order to Puritan's Pride.  Lemon/Citrus is always the cleanest smell to me.

In the midst of all this cleaning, Farmer came back to say he had other spraying to do and we wouldn't be going to town.  Ok with me.  I was far from ready to go and was still scrubbing.  We both finished around noon and had a quick lunch of "Whatever you can find."  I've had a shower to clean up from cleaning.  (LOL)  The "good" laundry is done and I'm on the last load of rugs/spray clothes.

I'm trying to keep the man inside where it's cool since outside is sauna-like.  NO air moving and hot.  Maybe I can get him interested in a movie, but whatever he decides to do, I'm not going outside except to hang out the rugs.

I've been reading blog posts from others I enjoy and have been getting tons of great ideas for menus.
But that's a subject for another post.  :)

Stay tuned, I may post it yet today.  Or I might take a nap.

Hugs
Kay

**Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air, is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies. ~Erich Fromm

No comments:

Post a Comment