Sunday, December 3, 2006

The first week in December

I'm sorry I've been AWOL for so long. My poor Mac developed a problem that turned into a "coma." It had to be taken into the computer doctor, but thankfully it was a known problem that was covered by Apple. An overnight stay in the computer hospital and it's back home almost as good as new.
If anyone knows how to get the Keychain to stop asking for a password in my email program, I'd be very happy to hear it!

So, what's new with us?
I've been doing some on-line gift buying and recipe downloading. I've been trying to get to the fitness center as often as possible. I averaged once a week in Nov. Not very good, so my goal is 3 times a week in Dec. and then 5 times a week in January. I paid for the 3 months, I better use it!

Work is going well. Just busy. Friday I spent the morning at my desk and then the afternoon by myself in the mail room. We had a backorder of books come in and there were 30+ orders waiting for that particular book plus all the rest of the out-going mail. I filled the tape gun twice!
I was in a bit of a tizzy trying to get my November ledger sheet balanced but my boss was so nice and told me to work on it next week as I had time. She said she is only up to October herself. That was very kind, but it still gripes me when I can't get it done on the last day of the month.

I've caught a head cold. Not sure where as no-one I know has one. It could have been from the spinal adjustment I had on Friday morning or from the fitness center that evening. I really don't have time to be sick right now so I've been taking Vitamin C and lots of liquids. I slept in this morning and plan to be in bed by 10 p.m. or earlier every night. I'll be going back to the chiropractor tomorrow and see if another adjustment will help.
Rick also tried to help me feel better by taking me to our favorite Tex-Mex restaurant for some Tortilla Soup. He even called to be sure we could order it. It hasn't been on the menu but we were assured we could order it anyway. I did and it was HOT! Just the thing to burn through a cold. The salsa for the chips was especially spicey tonight too. I was only able to eat half of my soup and just one piece of my chicken quesadilla. I guess I have supper planned for tomorrow night. Rick will have his take-home tomorrow for lunch. I can make him chicken strips or hot ham and cheese paninis.

With the darkness setting in so early and the weather turning so cold, we've been hibernating here in the evenings. Rick likes to have the lights off when he's watching tv, but I find with it being so dark in the house, I'm more apt to want to just sit and vegetate as well. I cannot afford to do that anymore. We have things to get done before the grands get here on the 14th!!

Goals for this week:
Get the Christmas Tree up and the house decorated.
Finish Gifts wrapping. I'm using the reindeer names for the kids' names this year. That should drive ds2 nuts.
Trim the comfort quilt I have been working on so I can finish the binding on it and get it sent off.
Make several batches of buns and some cookies for the kids' visit.

I'm leaving the Christmas cards/letter for later. I'll have the week of Christmas to get them out and do some baking for friends and others we want to bless.

What is Blessing Me Today:
The sun shining.
A furnace that works and keeps us warm without us having to think much about it.
Clothes washer and dryer that works.
Dishwasher that also helps.

The wonderful PennyAnne newsletter that gave me so much food for thought on decorating and cooking. One of my goals for the new year (when I can think beyond the "here & now"), will be to make menus like she does. Also to do some switching around of our home decorations and more using what I love, shopping at thrift stores. To stop waiting for the "someday" when we can afford to renovate the living room and make it a room I can love NOW.

A dear friend who likes to go Cmas shopping as much as I do and is willing to drive in the city.
Getting done with that shopping list yesterday!

Getting an email announcing a sale on a coat I wanted, I saw a similar one yesterday during our shopping trip, but didn't get it because it didn't fit. This email sale is from one of my favorite e-stores and I know this coat will fit. And it is within my budget. Rick has asked that I don't wear my current fall jacket anymore as it is showing so much wear. It has been cold enough here that I could change to my winter coat but if the weather warms up I'd be without a jacket. Merry Christmas to ME!!

That is all for today. I hope it makes sense. I feel a bit befuddled from this cold.

Candy Cane Smiles!
Kay

--
"The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a
happy family all wrapped up in each other."

~Burton Hillis~

No comments:

Post a Comment