Thursday, September 3, 2009

H1N1?

As I sit here on this chilly, rainy, snuggly evening, listening to good instrumental music on Pandora.com and occasionally playing YoVille on Facebook; my beloved Blue-eyed Farmer is ensconced in the basement bedroom, feverishly sleeping and suffering from the effects of the flu. Swine or H1N1...whatever you want to call it.... we're not sure, but he has all the symptoms and it is "around" the area and we've been in the city and with people alot over the past week. And I did fight off something that had me in it's mind-numbing fatigue grip for 2 days.

Poor dear...he was obviously so sick this morning when he tried to get ready for work, that I put my foot down and made him stay home. (Not that it was much of a fight.) Tucked back into bed and he has been sleeping off and on since then. He was up for about 2 hours mid-day. I've been dosing him with Zicam nighttime liquid and water, figuring sleep is the best thing for him.

I think our upcoming 3-day holiday weekend is going to be very quiet. Which is just fine with me. I have some quilting to do.

I'm praying all my family and friends stay well. Wash your hands. Stay rested and hydrated. It looks to be a long fall and winter.

Hugs
Kay~

**“It is not good for all our wishes to be filled;
(it is) through sickness we recognize the value of health;
through evil, the value of good;
through hunger the value of food;
through exertion, the value of rest."
~ Dorothy Canfield Fisher

1 comment:

  1. I hope this weekend it what is needed for full recovery...happy quilting, I'm envious...I haven't quilted in years and miss it.

    ReplyDelete