Friday, September 18, 2009

Stalking the Wild Yeasties

Traditional Bread

Ok, maybe I should just say "Sour Dough", although "sour" bread just doesn't do it for me.

I love the internet! I love Bloggers! Today Miss Marielle from Maricucu was featured in the blog "A Year in Bread." Her post was all about her weekly homemade bread made with her home-grown starter. Wild Yeastie starter.

Here is her blog posting on the recipe. (part one)

I'm so intrigued.... wild yeastie starter made of white whole wheat flour and unsweetened pineapple juice?! The technique and recipe for this is here, on BreadTopia . There is a video for you visual people.

Reading through the comments, I saw that someone used fresh apple juice instead of the pineapple juice. I have a juicer! I have Apples!! I'm going to try that version first. I have white whole wheat flour too.

Tomorrow I will start the 5 day process of catching Wild Yeasties. Stay tuned....

Hugs!
Kay~

** "Bread deals with living things, with giving life,
with growth, with the seed, the grain that nurtures.
Its not coincidence that we say bread is the staff of life."

Lionel Poilne

No comments:

Post a Comment