Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sleeping alone is for the birds

Well, we survived it. The Blue-eyed Farmer's first overnight business trip. (what?! you thought farmers didn't take business trips? Ha! they don't. but work-leaders at this factory do.)

We are so pathetic.... we can't be apart, come bedtime. I was a basketcase last June when I stayed with the grand-girlies. (read all about it here) This time I was safe in my own home and bed but stayed awake watching tv until after midnight and I was almost falling asleep. I figured it was safe to go to bed then, I'd be asleep before my head hit the pillow. Not quite, but close. And slept pretty well. Only woke a few times... wondering where my "heater" was. (the man has a HIGH metabolism... it's great in the winter.)
I definitely missed the snuggliness.

But... he's on his way home, God willing. And will be jumping in the combine almost as fast as his feet hit the driveway. It's sunny and windy and will be warm today. Come on Corn! Dry! Dry! DRY!!!

As for me, I'll be on-call for whatever he needs and dealing with a pile (mountain) of farm bookwork. One good thing about being alone all evening, you get all the dishes & laundry done.

But first I plan to give that Farmer of mine a big ole Kiss! Cuz, honey-- I MISSED YOU!



K~

**Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots.
-Hoosier Farmer

3 comments:

  1. my hubby was a Marine for 16 years and he was gone more than he was home. And I think back then that we both enjoyed our time apart and then getting back together.
    but now, I am just like you. If he is gone for even one night or even just for the evening, I don't like it one bit and neither does he.

    so, here's hoping that both our hubbies just stay home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I completely understand. We've only been married for 9 years but he's not a traveler so even when he's sick on the couch I can't sleep right in a big 'ol bed without him.

    ReplyDelete