Thursday, May 6, 2010

And just when it was looking so good....

BAM!! Spring-time planting moods, tiredness, aching backs all take over and it's blue, black, grey, nasty, horrible, painful, and just down-right unpleasant here at the Prairie Farm.

Of course I know nothing like that happens in your happy domicile, right? (just let me keep believing that little dream.)

So.... what's a poor Farmer's Wife to do?

Throw in the towel and sell the Farmer along with his stupid cattle?
Head for the hills and not leave a forwarding address?
Turn into a combination of Roseanne Barr and Jezebel?

Or.... How about....

SING at the top of her lungs in the pickup (after one too many "words")

"I have PEACE like a river; I have PEACE like a river; I have PEACE like a river; in my soul.... I have JOY like a fountain, I have JOY like a fountain, I have JOY like a fountain in my soul....."


And.... Pray.

"Please God.... increase my patience. Increase my strength.
And PLEASE hold your hand over my mouth, again!"

Sometimes He does and sometimes I pry His fingers away, spout off and have to pray all over again.

It's a good thing He loves me.

And it's a good thing, this one does, too.


Thank you Father God, for your patience, your peace, and his forgiveness.



Hugs,
K~ (the mouthy, but trying to be humble, Farmer's Wife)

** A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers. ~Ruth Bell Graham

1 comment:

  1. I know where you are coming from...on all accounts! Yup...spring time planting moods....about as bad as harvest moods! ;) We have not been able to seed yet...it keeps raining....or snowing.....or both! Stop over and visit me soon. :)

    ReplyDelete