Sunday, October 10, 2010

He is in the little things...



God is in the little things of life as well as the big things...

The Blue-eyed Farmer's cousin asked if I would drive to Omaha and pick up his daughter from the airport on Friday.  Drive THROUGH Omaha!   My heart stopped, because I do not drive in Omaha... I just do not... all those other cars and trucks on the road and all those lanes of traffic merging in and off...  I Am a Prairie Chick after all.  Where my biggest traffic concern is the lineup at the elevator.

But Cousin K is harvesting also and to take 3-4 hours out of the middle of his day is foolish when I am physically able to do this.  I have been driving for alot of years and I have driven to the airport on a Sunday and across Omaha on the interstate before.  I just do not feel comfortable doing it.

So on Friday, as I started out, driving along my quiet gravel roads, I prayed hard.  "Please Father God, go before me on this trip.  Open the lanes I need to travel, guard me, protect me and lead me safely to the airport and home again."  

And then I placed all my concerns in His hands and turned on KLove radio station and sang aloud with the praise music on my drive.

Off I traveled.... through road construction on the interstate, into Omaha.  Where there was at least a car length between me and all the cars around me through the heavy traffic in town.  No one cut me off.  No one "pushed" me to drive too fast.  I was in the correct lane for every merge.  I didn't get lost.  
The one little bobble in the trip was when I had to quickly slow down to merge over onto the expressway & the person behind me was not "amused." 

But through the entire trip I was calm, even with the bobble and not (too) tense or panicked.  Found a parking place in the parking garage (that confusing maze!) and as I parked I thanked God for His mercies that again are New Every Morning.

I was at the Colorado cousin's gate with 20 mins to spare.  And praise God, she was used to driving from the airport, having done it with her dad every time he picks her up, so I let her drive home. 

It was a little thing, this driving through the Big City, and yet my fear/worry was important enough to my Father God that He answered my prayer and guided me safely through.

What good gift has God given you lately?  How has He answered your prayers?  I'd love to hear (read) all about it.

Hugs-
Kay

** "I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn't need any advice from me. 
With God in charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. 
So what is there to worry about?"
~Henry Ford~

1 comment:

  1. Thank you in particular for this line which I have written in my notebook:

    "I thanked God for His mercies that again are New Every Morning."

    ReplyDelete