Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It’s in the Small Things... Spring’s Coming

 Today I witnessed one of my favorite indictors of Spring.  

No, not the robins, although I do enjoy them.  
Not early budding flowers; it’s several weeks [months] too early for those. 
The peeper frogs are still hibernating on the pond bank.

No, this afternoon, I stood at my laundry room window and soaked in the sight of the small usually-dry creek/gully behind our house, sparkling and dancing with melting snow run-off.  **Very Big Grin**

The temps have been in the 60s this week.  The roads and driveways are all snuddy from the melting and thawing; sullen and messy.

Our little creek can be a roaring torrent later in the spring when the thunderstorms dump on us.
But in early spring, it eases my mid-winter depression with it’s joyful exuberance and reminds me once again, that my Heavenly Father’s mercies (and love) are new every morning. And winter will soon be over for another year.

(I have been praying lately for some relief from the “blahs.”  Thank you Father!) 

Sometimes you have to find the joy in the small things....

Hugs
K~

** "For every day that there is sunshine, there will be days of rain,
it's how we dance within them both that shows our love and pain."

~Joey Tolbert

No comments:

Post a Comment