Thursday, June 9, 2011

10:39 p.m. and all's.... tired

Yes Lucy... it's me... the Blue-eyed Farmer's wife, also known as "Gail" or "Ethel" around my new employment digs.  Obviously I fit in just fine with all those yahoos.  We just laugh at one another and share the banter.  You can find out more about those digs here:  Seward Independent

It's 10:40 p.m.   I've been up since 5:45 a.m.  I am doing my work (aka "good") clothes in the cold water wash.  I have to, or I'll be wearing the Farmer's coveralls and a scarf to work.

I cut up 5 organically raised chickens today.  "How are your chickens?" was the question of the day at the office.  "Dead." was my response.  Well... they were/are.

The garden is growing but needs water.  The 15 drops of rain we got tonight won't cut it, so I'll be up early tomorrow to turn on the sprinkler.  Someone tell me again, WHY I wanted to plant a garden?????   Isn't working fulltime and then helping a Farmer enough for one Prairie Chick????

On a happier note: The pumpkin & gourd seeds the Farmer threw into the bull pen are coming up and liking their swampy/drying-into-concrete-hardness bed.  Who'd a thunk being trampled by a huge ole bull named Amos would cause a seed to sprout and grow?

Other randomness:  My sewing room is languishing in neglect.  After the 19th, I WILL go down and sew stitches on a precious sweetness' quilt.

VBS approaches... June 12-17, with the church program on the 19th (see above)... I'm in charge of the 3year-olds!  Fun Times because I love that age!  I have SillyBands for them and we will have snacks and games and Bible lessons and crafts.  I will have no free time to do laundry or dishes or clean or garden, but the memories and learning about Jesus are more important.

My favorite Brynlie is growing.  My favorite Kendalynn & Kaleigh have a loose tooth each.  My precious ones are 'there' and we are 'here.'  Dislike!

My "baby".... my youngest.... my brown-eyed blond sports-loving, hard-working, handsome, "just like his father" boy turned 27 today.  Yes, I had him when I was 2 years old... why do you ask?  *wink*

The washer & dryer have stopped, and it's 11 p.m.  Time to switch out and fold and get into the shower and fall into bed.  Looking forward to Friday because the weekend is coming and I'm hopeful for either some BFF time or at least some reading on the porch with a nice glass of Riesling.

Be well, be happy, be blessed.
K~

** May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

~Irish Blessing

1 comment:

  1. Praying rest for you! Pumpkin seeds in the bullpen, eh? Liam is growing pumpkins in his own hill *away* from Mom's garden... won't even let me water them. ;)

    ReplyDelete